The client of Acteon is uniting all the aspects it takes to run a modern agricultural business: Research and development, production and distribution, economic expertise and international consulting.
Together with their farmers, they organize thousands of hectares of arable land, boasting over 60 years of experience as a “partner for crops” in Europe, and produce top-quality seeds for over 85 crops and more than 380 varieties. By maintaining operations in more than 15 countries in Europe and Asia, it vitally contributes to quality-conscious, value-oriented agriculture.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Agronomist who can develop better farming practices and find effective solutions for the food and farming industry. The Agronomist will conduct research and field checks, take samples and make observations, perform tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant or soil nutrition, damage from insects or wildlife, weather or climate changes, or the use of specialized products, such as pesticides, fertilizers, etc. Using this information, you will also help farmers develop techniques to increase crop quality and yield.
To be a successful Agronomist, you should be focused on developing and promoting better farming practices. You should self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical with excellent listening, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Promoting products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Selling personalized consultation services to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or related field.
- More education and experience may be preferred.
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills are also a major plus.