The client of Acteon is a large producer of swine genetic material.
The company is standing for healthy animals, innovation, transparency and knowledge sharing.
It set long-term and balanced breeding goals, which are revised every few years to ensure that the genetic gain delivers maximum profit, creating a sustainable high return on investment in leading production herds.
The Technical Specialist will be in charge of providing technical support to the clients, in cooperation with his European Headquarter colleagues.
The swine technician is responsible for the consultation of the company’s clients for efficient production. Job responsibilities of a swine technician include inspecting the pigs for injuries or illnesses, caring of the pigs including feeding and medicating them, maintenance of the pig facilities and equipment to ensure cleanliness and proper performance, maintaining records of maintenance to pigs and equipment, performing artificial insemination and heat detection, performing consistent production checks, ensuring quality product, and following health and safety regulations.
The ideal candidate must
- have a zootechnical, zoo engineering or veterinarian education;
- be an active person;
- be excellent in problem-solving and analytical skills;
- show strong communication skills (oral and written);
- be able to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously;
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to get to and from work located in a rural area is required;
- Speak English at least at the Upper-Intermediate level (B2);