The client of Acteon is uniting all the aspects it takes to run a modern agricultural business: Research and development, production and distribution, economic expertise and international consulting.
Together with their farmers, they organize thousands of hectares of arable land, boasting over 60 years of experience as a “partner for crops” in Europe, and produce top-quality seeds for over 85 crops and more than 380 varieties. By maintaining operations in more than 15 countries in Europe and Asia, it vitally contributes to quality-conscious, value-oriented agriculture.
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Regional Representative Manager’s primary role is to grow the seed business within the Siberia Region through sales and marketing activities, service and consultation of Agro companies.
This role also represents the assigned region by serving as a member of the Acteon’s client’s team. Through working closely with the Agronomist-Consultants, the Regional Representative Manager will provide leading seed varieties for the Regional clients and sell to customers.
Key Skill and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and experience in the seed industry required (Combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- Interpersonal effectiveness — Is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts/issues in a constructive manner. Able to operate effectively and comfortably with different cultures, in strange and challenging situations and to direct and instruct in a respectful and polite manner.
- Knowledge, ability, proficiency in:
- Extensive knowledge of seed technology including knowledge of regional cropping trends, markets, and crop economics
- Deep level of industry knowledge and regional seed businesses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to manage communication with and presenting information to all levels of the regions and all key stakeholders
- Serving as a regional liaison and negotiating competitive positions with seed suppliers and vendors in support of national seed technology strategy
- Fostering teamwork to achieve goals aligned regionally and nationally including maintaining and directing seed supplier strategy and coordination of local supplier opportunities within the region
- Ensuring business processes associated with seed technology are adopted and followed
Key Personal Attributes:
- Aligns to company core values Integrity, Diversity, Effort, Accountability, and Service
- Strategic approach coupled with the ability to analyze data, metrics, and programs
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with strong organizational and time management skills
- Solid and trusted relationships among peers and industry contacts
- Strong track record in inventory management
- Proven track record in current and previous roles
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Seed business developer – Coordinating seed treatment sales as well as identifying potential growth opportunities for the regions
- Communicating with Regional management regarding the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans as reviewed by Acteon client’s team
- Ensuring accountability for selecting, forecasting, promoting, training and related activities required to grow the seed business in the region
- Providing overall coordination of the Acteon client’s business in the region
- Expanding and refining the existing seed business plan for the regions
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
- Car and mobile network
- That is a remote job, so the candidate is free to work from Barnaul and Omsk